Cornish Drive Residence
"Inspired by the white cube aesthetic of New York City’s contemporary galleries, this home exhibits the form of Avant Garde architecture at its best. The aesthetic was introduced to minimize distractions for art, emphasizing color and light. Where the white walls framed the bare abstract canvases, this home is designed to frame you. It adapts to your unique style rather than you adapting to the home."
Nestled next to the Self Realization fields with panoramic ocean views, the location is second to none with easy access to the legendary Swami’s surf break and park. Living here will feel like waking up every day in a work of art with innovative concepts and cutting-edge materials throughout. Revel in exquisite sunsets and views from your outdoor living pavilion or pool with complete privacy - no car can ever drive by your home. And all this is just a short walk to all the best North County spots. Just steps from legendary Swami’s surf break and park and many other beautiful beaches. Walking distance to the downtown Encinitas dining and retail district. Located in the award winning “Cardiff” School District
The house layout was centered in three main aspects: 1) take advantage of the ocean views and location, 2) create the best possible indoor/outdoor relationship and 3) overall create a home that emphasizes the resort living experience.
Modern and Distinctive Exteriors
- Tropical wood “machiche” siding (also known as Caribbean cherry), high tech ultra-compact ceramics and white stucco facades.
- Sliding double pain glass doors throughout to enhance the magnificent ocean views and the indoor/outdoor experience.
- Extra-large, dual paned exterior energy saving/sound reducing windows.
- Large roof deck and master bedroom balcony as well as modern Juliet balconies on secondary bedrooms with expansive ocean views
- Extra large pivot mahogany entry door.
Kitchen And Bathroom Appointments
- Large gourmet kitchen island with Classic Calacatta Quartz
- German white gloss cabinet doors and blum hardware in kitchen and bathrooms
- Stainless steel wolf energy efficient appliances
- High tech ultra-compact ceramics on masters bathroom shower and washbasin
- Grohe and Moen plumbing fixtures
- Suede finish quartz vanities
- Tankless high efficiency water heaters
Professionally Designed and Landscaped Gardens and Grounds
- Magnificent pool with jacuzzi and Baja bench, finished with glass tile and pebble and glass plaster.
- Outdoor kitchen with grill, pizza oven and fridge, focusing on a close relationship with the interior kitchen and outdoor activities.
- Decorative water feature.
- Distinctive accent lighting
- Professionally landscaped.
- Automatic water conserving/humidity sensing irrigation systems
Open And Elegant Interiors
- 4314 square feet of living space
- Five bedrooms , one which may be transformed into the guest quarters or office.
- Large walk-in closets for master bedrooms and guest bedroom/office.
- Retreat in master bedroom that can be used as a health room, office, art studio, meditation room, etc…….
- European Oak hardwood floors on first level, ceramic floors on living area, roof top deck, balconies, bathrooms and garage, solid ash steps on the stairs. Carpet on second floor.
- Extra-large windows and sliding glass doors for enhanced ocean and area views and indoor/outdoor relationship.
- Large roof top decks with expansive ocean views
- Natural gas fireplaces in living room and master bedroom
- Lighting fixtures by the most prestigious contemporary designers of New York and Chicago
Eco-Friendly/ Security Features
- Green point rated home
- Installed fire sprinkler system
- 9.9 kw rooftop solar panel systems (estimated to supply most of the homes electrical needs
- Tankless high efficiency water heaters
- Dual paned sound engineered aluminum windows
- High efficiency heating and air conditioning systems
- Screw constructed/glued sag resistant soft flooring
- High efficacy lighting
- Insulated hot water pipes
- Low noise kitchen and bath exhaust fans
- Water conserving plumbing fixtures (water sense shower heads and bathroom faucets)
- Water conserving irrigation and planting
- Bio-retention for rain water
- Mitigation strategies for garage (air tight wall between the garage and the main home)
- Zero VOC interior paints
- Low VOC caulks and adhesives
- Built-in recycling center
- Foundation drainage system
- Optimal value engineering
- Engineered lumber for floors and roof rafters